Hi Friends! This month we have a guest blogger, Stacee Santi, DVM. I’ve had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Santi in person at NAVC this year (after being referred to her by a trusted colleague). She is truly an industry leader dedicated to helping practices build client loyalty through her cutting edge veterinary app development services. I encourage you to read this blog and learn more about how the Vet2Pet app can help you build loyalty and increase compliance. Please note: I have no financial interest in Vet2Pet nor receive any compensation for promoting this blog. I proudly recommend my clients use Vet2Pet for mobile application development.
by Stacee Santi, DVM of Vet2Pet
In 2010, I decided I wanted an app for my hospital. Lots of other people had an app, even the hairdresser…so it only made perfect sense that I should have an app to better connect with my clients. It wasn’t that easy though. Your choice is to either have a very expensive custom designed app somewhere around the $10K mark (no thanks) or to have a DIY generic app. Being the frugal veterinarian, I opted for the DIY version. It was nice but needed more. A tweak here, a tweak there and over several years I designed my own app and guess what….my clients LOVED it.
I decided that in addition to helping animals, another thing I really enjoy is helping my profession move toward technology and I had found a way to make it really easy. So… I launched Vet2Pet in January 2013.
Here are some of the key features of our app:
- Your own icon on the device. Have you ever asked a client the name of their last veterinarian and they can’t remember it? Really? Yes, this is the reality whether you want to believe it or not. Having your own icon on the phone is just good business sense. You are now easy to reach. No google searching…just tap the icon and there is the person that can help your BFF. (79)
- Pet Portal Access & Home We can link directly to your pet portal and online pharmacy if you already subscribe to that service.
- Appointment Clients can request appointments at their convenience. Don’t worry, they aren’t in your scheduler! The request will come to you in the form of an email then your staff can reach back to confirm or move it. But half the battle is getting your client to get in touch with you so why not be available 24 hours with an app?
- Food/RX Clients can request refills of food and medication with the app. Like the Appointment Request feature, it will come to you as an email. One insight was to add a camera button here so the client can snap a photo of their product rather than type out the whole name.
- Social We house all of your social media under one umbrella. So your clients can check out all the lives you are saving in one place!
- Push This is a simple “push” which means a mass message is sent to every device that has your app at one time, instantly! Think of the possibilities! This is where the name of the company came from, Vet2Pet. It is my vision to use this tool (along with others) to help take care of my little patients when they are not in the building. You can send notifications to remind clients to give their parasite prevention the first of the month, “Amber Alerts” to help find lost pets, hospital closures, new services, etc. (95)